Spirulina Wet / Spirulina in Aqua Culture And Fisheries
This includes the rare lipid, gamma-linolenic acid, GLA (18:3 omega-6). Used as a food supplement in both live and dry feeds, Spirulina provides an excellent source of nutritional enrichment for a wide variety of applications.
As natural resources feed, Spirulina play an important role in aquaculture. Especially in the aquatic farming and hatchery etc, the results are quite significant. Microcapsules of Spirulina improve the digestion, and promote the shell development. The prospects of Spirulina will be very bright in the feed applications. Spirulina appears to have considerable potential for development, especially as a small-scale crop for nutritional enhancement, livelihood development and environmental mitigation.
If Spirulina is widely used in aquaculture then
- Spirulina can promote the growth of cultured species,
- Spirulina increase appetite,
- Spirulina increase disease resistance, and
- Spirulina Increase the survival rate of larvae in aquaculture, and it’s breeding fast and easy to cultivate.
- In ponds, Spirulina helps in production of long period phytoplankton which is very benefit for fish and aqua ponds.
- Spirulina helps in maintaining the good color of the pond and protect from direct sunlight.
- Spirulina helps in decreasing the waste material at the bottom of pond, which in turn makes the pond healthy and also acts as a natural cleanser and detoxifying the pond.
- All these conditions enhance the natural growth of the fish and prawn body mass ( up to 23% approximately )
- Finally Spirulina is Eco-friendly.
Comparison Why, Spirulina Should Use In Aqua And Fish Ponds:
Spirulina is best easily digestible vegetable protein source (55 to 70%) and other feed supplements. i.e. -Protein is higher than any other natural food like soya, maize , zeamays , beetroot, even egg. More no. of AMINO ACIDS, PHYCOCYANIN, CAROTENOIDS PIGMENTS ARE PRESENT. Vitamins and minerals also available. It is especially important for malnourished aqua organisms.etc. Moreover, Spirulina is Herbicide Free, Environmentally Friendly, Purified Nutrients, Low Bacterial Count, Low Heavy Metal Levels, Non- Animal Fertilizers, Minimally Processed and promotes Higher Growth Rate.